PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sport Premium
The Primary PE and Sport Premium funding has been renewed for the 2020-21 academic year. The PE and Sport Premium is used to support the provision of physical activity offered at PRPS. The PE and Sport Premium supports the Government’s commitment in the School Sport and Activity Action Plan for children to participate in 60 minutes of sport and physical activity a day (30 minutes of this should be during the school day).
The funding should be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE, physical activity and sport on offer. This means it should be used to develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport the school provides, and should build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made benefit pupils in future years.
The four objectives of the PE and Sport Premium are:
- To improve the quality of existing PE teaching through continuing professional learning in PE for generalists, so that all primary pupils improve their health, skills and physical literacy, and have broader exposure to a range of sports
- To increase participation levels in physical activity and competitive sport, maintaining these into adolescence
- To increase the quality of initial teacher training in PE and sport, and to promote PE specialisation in primary level workforce
- To ensure schools understand and value the benefits of high-quality PE and sport, including its use as a tool for whole school improvement
The PE and Sport Premium should be used to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Ensuring engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Ensuring the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Ensuring increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE and sport
- Ensuring a broader experience of a range of sports and activities is offered to all pupils
- Ensuring increased participation in competitive sport
Every year we are required to report on how we have used the PE and Sport Premium as well as the impact of this equipment; please find this below.
Our planned swimming assessment in July 2020 had to be postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The ongoing effects of COVID-19 therefore prevent us from publishing any swimming data for the academic year of 2019-20.