School Development Plan
The School Improvement Plan (SIP) is written each year in close liaison with all stakeholders including staff, governors, parents and the children at our school.
The Senior Leadership Team monitor the implementation of the plan within school and the governors monitor the impact closely through governors meetings and visits into the school.
The School Improvement Plan is evaluated half termly to monitor our progress towards achieving our objectives. The SIP feeds directly into subject specific action plans which identify key actions for senior or subject leaders.
Our key priorities for the year 2020 – 2021 are:
- To implement the Talk for Writing programme across all year groups (EYFS – Year 6) to ensure that a consistent whole-school approach to the teaching of English is established, raising standards and outcomes for all pupils.
- To create a learning culture where reading is placed at the heart of the curriculum and a love of reading is promoted to raise outcomes in reading at the end of EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- To further develop the EYFS provision to ensure all pupils access a good or better quality of education in EYFS, setting high expectations and enabling learning.
- To effectively implement the new whole school Topic curriculum so that pupils’ knowledge and skills are broadened and consolidated and a love of learning is instilled throughout the school.
- To ensure accurate and robust assessment systems are in place and securely established, meaning that accurate assessment information leads to accurate self-evaluation, timely intervention and improved pupil outcomes.