'Creativity is intelligence having fun!'
At Princes Risborough Primary School, we aim to inspire our pupils and develop their confidence to experiment and invent their own works of art. The scheme we use is written by experts in their field and designed to give pupils every opportunity to develop their ability, nurture their talent and interests, express their ideas and thoughts about the world, as well as learning about art and artists across cultures and through history.
Our aim is that children will:
- Produce creative work, exploring and recording their ideas and experiences
- Be proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using subject-specific language
- Know about great artists and the historical and cultural development of their art
- Meet the end of key stage expectations outlined in the national curriculum for Art and Design
Art and Design Curriculum Statement
Art and Design & Design and Technology Overview
Art and Design & Design and Technology Progression of Knowledge and Skills